Scoring is a gameplay mechanic in Monster Train to compare and rank results in Multiplayer games such as Hell Rush, the Daily Challenge or Custom Challenge and to provide a comparison between different runs in general. Scoring is based on damage taken in each fight, the amount of Gold left at the end of the run, the amount of Pact Shards taken (The Last Divinity (DLC) only), the amount of Pyre Damage taken in each fight, the number of turns left when the boss in each Ring was defeated, and whether or not the trial was taken.
For each Ring the score is:
- Battle Won: For Rings 1-9 the Scores are:
|Ring||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9 (DLC only)|
- Damage Taken: -2% of the base score for every point of Pyre health lost during the battle - maximum of -50%, and minimum of 0%. Note that this is calculated by subtracting your Pyre health at the end of the battle from your Pyre health at the start of the battle, so healing your Pyre during a battle can affect this calculation, and losing Pyre health outside of battle has no effect on your score.
- Boss Rush: +10% of the base score for every turn the boss was killed before reaching the Pyre.
- Trial Bonus: +50% of the base score if a Trial was taken.
If you lose a battle, you will receive 25% of the base score of that battle plus (25% * % of boss health lost), up to just-below 50% of the base score if you lost with the boss having just a sliver of health left. You will get a Trial bonus of 50% of the score obtained this way as well if you took the Trial.
Additionally, extra Gold at the end is added towards the total score with +1 score for every coin up to a total of 2500 coins, with a multiplier depending on the Ring you reached:
|Ring||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10 (DLC only)|
- As Flying bosses (Ring 3, 6, 8) and The Last Divinity (The Last Divinity (DLC) only) can be defeated more than 3 turns before the game ends, it is suggested to develop strategies to defeat them as early as possible to get a very high score multiplier.
- The reduction of score from damage taken will never exceed the bonus received from a Trial, so if you can take a Trial safely, you should.