For the major boss, see: Seraph
- "The end is near. This incarnation of Hell's greatest foe has the power to cleanse all units of effects which don't benefit Seraph. This fight will require more than sheer strength."
— Combat Description
Seraph the Chaste is a boss combat that can appear in Ring 8.
In this combat, Seraph will halve all of your buffs and debuffs on a floor, every turn. The combat also features Pyrewings to drain your Ember.
Like all Seraph combats, Seraph places a Lightwings on the train every turn.
|Wave||Enemies (Cov 0-2)||Enemies (Cov 3-25)|
|1||Darkwings | Lightwings||Darkwings | Lightwings | Lightwings|
|2||Pyrewings | Lightwings | Lightwings||Pyrewings | Lightwings | Lightwings|
|3||Gilded Wing | Lightwings | Lightwings||Gilded Wing | Gilded Wing | Lightwings|
|4||Pyrewings | Gilded Wing||Pyrewings | Gilded Wing|
|5||Gilded Wing | Gilded Wing | Lightwings||Gilded Wing | Gilded Wing | Lightwings|
|6||Gilded Wing | Lightwings||Pyrewings | Gilded Wing | Lightwings|
|7||Steelwings | Gilded Wing | Lightwings||Steelwings | Gilded Wing | Lightwings|
|8||Gilded Wing | Lightwings | Seraph||Gilded Wing | Lightwings | Seraph|
- While buffs and debuffs are discouraged by this combat, it is still entirely possible to beat this combat with a buff/debuff based build.
- If maintaining buffs/debuffs is important to your strategy, focus hard on applying them to maintain their numbers for as long as possible. With buffs and debuffs in this combat, one should be either all or nothing.
- Seraph will no longer cleanse when he enters Relentless. You can use this to your advantage, by not playing your best buff cards until then.
- Pyrewings can be neutered with Sap, Dazed, or Stealth. Otherwise, prepare to have enough damage to kill them before they reach your units, or prepare to handle the Emberdrain.
- Do not rely too hard on debuff-based Artifacts like Light's Gift or Rootsplit Mask, as Seraph can cleanse the debuffs away.
- Like all Seraph combats, a Steelwings appears on the 2nd to final wave.
|The First Defense | Heaven's Priests | The Gathered Clergy | Guardians of Light|
|Disciple Conduits | Pyre Absorbers | Barbed Disciples | Penitent Prayers|
|Daedalus, the Professor: Explosive Sigil | Double Barrel | Plating Seal |
Talos, the Architect: Empowering Offense | Soul Sucker | Protective Sin
|Clipped Infiltration | Protectors of the Clipped | Clipped Guard | Clipped Tormenters|
|The Sycophants of Seraph | The Harpy's Guard | Hidden Assault | Harvesters of Death|
|Fel, the Wings of Light: Eternal Crest | Scouring Crest | Wrath Crest |
Archus, Darkness Incarnate: Sin of Darkness | Sin of Shadow | Sin of Failure
|The Pyrewings | The Winged Horde | The Penitent | Conduit Masters | The Shadewings|
|Seraph the Temperant | Seraph the Chaste | Seraph the Diligent | Seraph the Patient|
|The Last Divinity: Divine Intervention|